No matter if you are going to University of Cincinnati, or some other advanced nursing program – it can be incredibly challenging to balance your personal life with school. As a new mom, it can be even more challenging. While you want to go to school and provide your child with a comfortable life, you also want to be there for your child as much as possible. When it comes down to it, it can feel like you never find that balance. However, there are a number of ways to balance nursing school with being a mother to your child, so that you can still feel like you are giving it your all. Here are five tips for single moms going through nursing school.
- Find ways to stay organized – in life and in school. Keeping your school life and personal life in order is one of the best ways to keep a healthy balance between school and motherhood. When it comes down to it, you want to make sure that you study and complete your homework, so that you can go home and not worry about whether or not you have assignments to finish. You also want to make sure that bills are paid and that your home is clean, so that you can go home and give all your attention to your child and not to housework.
- Have a collaborator. As a student and a mother, it will help to have someone that can guide you through the difficult course of trying to balance your personal life with studying to become a nurse. You want someone that can tell you when you need to take a break and for how long. If you keep pushing yourself further and further, it can be difficult to know when to stop. Having someone there to tell you when to stop is vital.
- Devise a schedule. If you can’t keep track of your personal and school life on your own, you may need to devise a schedule. When it comes down to it, your classes may be scheduled, but you may still have homework, studying, and a number of other things to do. So, you want to make sure that you have schedule – in order to fit in all the things you need to do and still have the time to spend with your children.
- Make time. Just because you don’t have time, it doesn’t mean that you can’t make time. If you are a young mother, people – especially other students and professors – will understand if you have to take time to spend with your kids. Nursing school may be full time, but if you have a child, you want to find ways to make it part time.
- Take time off. Spending a week away from school – maybe on vacation – can be a great way to devote all your time to being a mother. When it comes down to it, nursing school may be intensive, but you may need to slow things down and focus on what really matters. Organizing your priorities according to what matters the most in your life is an excellent first step in finding that elusive balance between motherhood and being a student.
For more visit http://yellovvkitty.com/